Bidvest Panalpina Logistics: Trainee Import Clerk 2016
Bidvest Panalpina Logistics have available opportunity for Trainee Import Clerk at Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal.
A vacancy has come up in one of our Business Units within our Imports Department in Durban. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced junior imports clerk that is wanting to grow and develop their career within the ocean freight industry.
Qualifications & Experience
- Customs/Forwarding course accreditation would be an advantage.
- Have at least 1 year experience in Imports Clearing.
Full handling of file from Registration to Invoicing, including below specifics:
“1. The ability to handle the full seafreight imports procedure from registration, transport, release, through to invoicing to client.
2. Split and forward the correct documentation for Entries and Controllers, as well as for Transporter and Vessel/ Groupage Agents for release.
3. The ability to pay Vessel and Groupage Agents and obtain release for LCL/FCL and break-bulk shipments.
4. The ability to prepare transport delivery instructions, CTO’s and rail consignment notes, with an understanding of haulage contracts. 5. Calculate correctly storage, demurrage and other charges applicable to each file, as well as understand 3rd party charges from Agents, Transporters, and depots.
6. Calculate and complete transport costing sheets as per individual client’s agreed transport rates.
7. Invoice out import files as per client’s agreed rates and ensure all 3rd party charges have been accounted for”
Basic Financial and calculation knowledge
1) Resolve queries with 3rd parties and deal with Recon queries
2) Precost 3rd party charges before actual invoice obtained
Communicate clearly with 3rd parties and more senior team members
To consult regularly with Import client controllers with regard to problematic shipping documents or queries.
How to apply
Closing Date: 08 January 2016.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za