City of Johannesburg Bursary 2016 – Emergency Management Services
The City of Joburg approved a youth development policy and strategy and through this policy it aims to capacitate communities with better resourced youth and develop the skills of young people. In support of this EMS is offering 30 bursaries to young Johannesburg citizens, who permanently reside within the City, to pursue full time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- National Diploma: Fire Technology (3 years) – Tshwane University of Technology
- Bachelors Degree: Emergency Medical Care (4years) – University of Johannesburg
Criteria for selection
- Good academic merit; minimum D Symbol in Maths ,Science
- Applicants are expected to study at one of the 2 chosen institutions
- Be a South African Citizen between the ages of 17-25 years
- Physically fit
- Financially needy-combined household salary Of less than R 15 000
- It is the students responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
The Bursary covers tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and or/study material.
CVs must be accompanied by Certified copies of the following:
- Most recent academic record
- South African identity Document
- Proof of residency in Johannesburg (statement of water and lights, rates and Taxes)
- Proof of household income/affidavit.
Closing date is 15 November 2015
How to apply
Applications can be Hand delivered to the following Fire Stations: Florida Park, ivory Park, Dube, Diepsloot, Berea, Jabulani, Eldorado Park, Orange Farm, Alexandra Or Public Safety Headquarters (Martindale), Braamfontein Metro Center Or email [email protected]
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.