City of Johannesburg Bursary Opportunities 2016
The City of Johannesburg Municipality is committed to provide skills development opportunities, not only for its employees, but also for the Johannesburg community members. The City is offering 100 bursaries to South African citizens, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Town and Regional Planning), Commerce
- Community Services (Disaster Management, Emergency Medical Technician)
- Engineering (all Fields)
- Environmental Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Entrepreneurial/Small Business
- Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Health (Nursing)
- Information Technology
- International Relations & Protocol
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Production and Operations Management
- Quality Assurance
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation )
- SAP (Systems Applications HCM, CRM, ISU, FI, SCM, Budgeting, Cost Control & Plant Maintenance)
Criteria for selection:
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
The Bursary covers:
- Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 25,000.00 per academic year.
- Bursary application forms are available from:
- City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre’s.
- Reception Area, Ground Floor A-Block, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein (opposite the Civic Theatre).
- Website: www.joburg.org.za
Certified copies of the following must accompany applications:
- Most recent academic record.
- South African Identity Document.
- Proof of residency in Johannesburg (Statement of Water and Lights, Rates and Taxes).
Completed application forms can be posted to:
The Bursary Office
Group Corporate and Shared Services
Employee Relations and Development
P.O. Box 1049
Hand delivered to:
• Any City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre’s.
• Reception Area, Ground Floor A-Block, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein
(opposite the Civic Theatre).
Closing date for submission of applications: 16 October 2015
Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)