CSIR: Internships 2017 / 2018 in Port Elizabeth
CSIR has an Internship opportunity for three Interns in the Nonwoven and Composite Testing Laboratory within the Material Science and Manufacturing (MSM) unit. The purpose of this programme is to provide work experience to textile technology students with undergraduate qualifications for a period of one year. These opportunities are based in Port Elizabeth.
Internship Application deadline is 23 September 2016
Internship Provider: CSIR
Internship Location: Port Elizabeth
- A three year undergraduate qualification in textile technology, textile chemistry and textile physical testing; or
- An Honours degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, polymer procession and/or polymer technology;
Knowledge in textiles processing will be an advantage;
- Communication and presentation skills;
- Research and report writing skills;
- Problem solving, solution seeking orientation;
- Goal orientated approach
- bility to work independently
- Computer literate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct testing on textile, auto-components, composites and nonwoven products;
- Assist researchers and operators where needed;
Characterise products/materials (e.g. SEM, XRD, TGA, etc. – training will be provided);
- Compile reports and other project related documents;
Housekeep labs and scaling-up plants
How to apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number in the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Job title: Reference No: 307214).
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.