CSIR: Office Admin Internship 2017 in Pretoria
(Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) CSIR has an Internship opportunity for an Office Administrator Intern in the BioFISA Programme Office, which is hosted by the Biosciences unit in Pretoria. The incumbent will be responsible for office administration of the projects funded by the programme. This is a 12 months long internship programme and the intern will receive a monthly stipends during their placement. The CSIR is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
Internship Application deadline is 11 August 2016
Internship Provider: CSIR
Internship Location: Pretoria
- A National diploma in office administration.
- B Tech or Honours degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 year experience will also be an added advantage
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and ability to work within a dynamic team environment.
- Coordinate meetings, including arranging the venue and refreshments.
- Assist with the planning and arrangement of events, including but is not limited to training courses, stakeholder workshops and exhibitions.
- Prepare minutes, agendas, training programmes and other appropriate documents.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff.
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available.
- Coordinate the care and maintenance of office equipment and furniture.
- Support the BPU team in various tasks such information searches (web), updating contact database and other administrative tasks as needed by the team.
Skills and Competencies
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Good organisation skills;
- Record-keeping skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
- Proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task; and
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
How to apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to [email protected] with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Internship: Office Administrator: Reference No: 307063).
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.