EThekwini Municipality: Work Experience Programme 2016, 2017
eThekwini Municipality is the largest City in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province and the third largest city in the country.
The eThekwini Municipality is offering work experience opportunities for the 2016 / 2017 financial year in various Units.
Applications are invited from the candidates who have completed a qualification on a National Certificate; 3 year National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree ;B.Tech / Postgraduate diploma / Honours’ degree / Master’s degree in the following study fields:
- Accounting / Finance / Statistics [x10] : ND / Degree: Accounting / Auditing / Internal auditing / Maths and Statistics
- Administration / Management [x70]: ND / Degree: Office Management / Public Administration / Public Management & Technology
- Environmental Studies [x70]: ND / Degree: Environmental Management / Environmental Education / Environmental science, Horticulturalist, Nature Conservation, Agriculture (Animal production)
- Life Science [x03]: ND / Degree: Microbiology, Biotechnology, Zoology, Ecology / Analytical chemistry
- Engineering [x25]: ND / Degree: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Industrial engineering Process instrumentation
- Library Management [x25]: ND / Degree: Library and Information Science
- Human Resources [x1]: ND / Degree: Human Resource Management, Masters degree in industrial Psychology
- Information Technology [x15]: ND / Degree: Information Technology
- Public Relations [x10]: ND / Degree: Public Relations
- Marketing [x03]: ND / Degree: Marketing
- Law [x03]: Degree : LLB / BA Law
- Town Planning [x10]: ND / Degree: Town and Regional Planning (in-service trainees)
- Building [x13]: ND / Degree: Building and Quantity survey
- Transport [x05]: ND / Degree: Transport / Logistics / Maritime
- Graphic Design [x10]: ND / Degree: Graphic Design, Web Design ,Video Technology
- Project Management [x10]: Post Graduate Certificate / Diploma in Project Management
- Tourism [x06]: ND / Degree: Eco-tourism
- Supply Chain Management [x05]: ND / Degree : Supply chain
- Social Development [x20]: Degree : Social Science, Development Studies including Masters degree in development studies
- Communications [x01]: ND / Degree: Journalism
- Health and safety [x10]: Environmental Health / OHS / Safety Management
- Architecture [x01]: Degree: Architecture
- Landscaping [x01]: ND : Landscaping / Florists
- Sport [x15]: ND / Degree: Sport Management / Sports Science
- Security [x10]: Grade D / National certificate
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
The work experience learners will receive a monthly stipend as follows:
- R1, 583.60 per month for a qualification less than 2 years;
- R2,400 .00 per month for a two year qualification
- R3, 210.00 per month for a 3 year qualification (National Diploma, Degree)
- R3, 745.00 per month for a 4 year qualification (Post graduate Diploma, B.Tech, Honours)
- R4, 815.00 per month for a Masters Degree.
- People who have already participated / benefited in Government or the private sector Work Experience / Internship / In-service Programme for a period of 12 months and above will not be considered.
- Applicants must be in possession of a recognized qualification(s)
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applications must be submitted through on-line application system found at- eThekwini Municipality and click on eCareers. Applicants are advised that fax, e-mails, manual and late applications will not be accepted.
- Due to a large amount of correspondence we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Employment Equity Principles will be applicable in the recruitment process, to redress the imbalances in work experience placement experienced by designated groups, to ensure their equitable representation in all categories. People with disabilities who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
- People who have previously applied need to reapply.
Who is eligible to apply?
Unemployed South African’s who reside in eThekwini Municipal Area must be a graduate/ postgraduate with a tertiary qualification (FET’s certificate, Diploma, Degree and Private college certificates) in one of the above mentioned fields of study and individuals who have not been previously employed under any graduate program.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted on-line by following the under mentioned registration process:
Step 1: Log onto eThekwini Municipality , click on e-Careers
Step 2: Create a User Profile by clicking on Register
Step 3: Once your profile has been created on the system, you will receive an email confirming that you have successfully registered. This email will contain your Username and Password which can be used to access e-Careers
Step 4: Once logged in, you may complete and submit your application
Step 5: Ensure that all fields populated
Step 6: Once you have submitted an application, an email acknowledging your application will be sent to your inbox so ensure you have a valid e-mail address
Closing Date: 27 November 2015
ENQUIRIES: Nompumelelo Phakathi / Phindile Tshabangu Tel 031 311 3192
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za