Grindrods invites applications for their Graduate Internship Programme. The programme commences in February 2017 and runs for 12 months. Grindrod’s Talent Strategy is driven by the need to provide the business with a constant and consistent pipeline of skilled individuals to ensure continuity, sustainability and profitability. The programme is intended to act as a vital talent-acquisition component through which the strategic imperative can be achieved.
Internship Application deadline is Not Mentioned
Internship Provider : Grindrod
Internship Locatio: Durban
Field of Studies:
- Logistics/Supply Chain management
- Computer science/IT
- Environmental/Sustainability studies
- Human Resources
In order to qualify in any one of the disciplines listed below, Interns must hold a completed Education of Higher Learning qualification not more than two years old, or be in their third year of study, and require workplace experience.
Graduate Internship Programme Qualifying Criteria
Interns must be proactive self-starters and results driven. In addition, the following skills and knowledge are critical:
- Good academic results
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Computer literacy
- Graduate Internship Programme addresses the specific needs of the business and caters for the career development needs of the Interns.
- Grindrod endeavours to place Interns in roles aligned to their academic background and career interests.
- Each Intern is assigned to a Business Unit with a Sponsor/Line Manager and an HR Representative to provide support with integration from student life to corporate environment. A mentor is also assigned as additional support for advice and acts as a sounding board for all career advancement needs/opportunities for the Intern.
- Graduate Internship programme encompasses training, specifically designed to support new Interns, allowing them to succeed in Grindrod’s diverse business environment.
- Interns are taken through a 12-month development programme that provides valuable insight into the working world of Grindrod, as well as a strong foundation for further development.
- Interns are supported by internal/external training programmes, and practical experience will be gained through the
How to apply
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.