Momentum is offering internship programme for the financial year 2016/2017/2018 in Ixopo, Kwa-Zulu Natal. This is a 36 month Internship and interns will receive a stipend of R120 000.00 p.a. (total cost to employer).
Internship application deadline is 30 June 2016
Internship Provider: Harry Gwala District Municipality
Internship Location: Ixopo, Kwa-Zulu Natal
The Harry Gwala District Municipality situated in Ixopo invites applications from innovative and committed individuals for the under mentioned positions.
The Council of Harry Gwala District Municipality have established five contract positions geared towards capacitating young graduates for a career in local government finance in this area of jurisdiction. Municipal officials working in conjunction with the National Treasury, to ensure the trainees’ progress to a successful career in the Municipality, will provide substantial training and support.
The Department of Financial Services offers graduates an opportunity to acquire valuable work experience in the following disciplines:
- Auditing (2 positions)
- Financial Management (3 positions)
Applications are invited from dynamic individuals with the following characteristics:
- A complete three year B.Com Degree/National Diploma with a major in either Financial Management, Management Accounting, Local Government Finance and Internal Auditing
- Unemployed graduates who have not been previously employed under any internship program
- Excellent computer literacy including good skills in Excel, Word and Power Point
- A working knowledge of developments in local government finance
- Commitment to establishing a long term relationship within Harry Gwala District Municipality, skills transfer within the Authority and to other less empowered Local Authorities.
How to Apply
Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter; updated CV, certified copies of original qualifications, academic transcripts and a certified copy of Identity Document.
Applications must be forwarded to: The Acting Municipal Manager, for attention:
Miss N. Lungwengwe, Harry Gwala District Municipality,
Private Bag X501,
All the enquiries must be directed to: Mr M. Mkatu, Acting Municipal Manager, (039) 834 8700.
Further correspondence will be confined to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to continue with the interview and appointment if it feels that no suitable candidates could be found.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
NB: Canvassing with Councilors or Management will lead to immediate disqualification.
Harry Gwala District Municipality subscribes to the National Equity Strategy.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za