Southern African Clothing and Textile Workers Union (SACTWU) invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2018 / 2019 academic year
Bursary online application deadline is 28 February 2018 for full year and 1st Semester
2nd August 2018 for 2nd Semester study
Bursary Provider: Southern African Clothing and Textile Workers Union (SACTWU)
Bursary Location: South Africa
SACTWU manages South Africa ‘s biggest trade union bursary fund. The scheme offers members and their dependents financial support to study at universities, technikons and certain other higher education institutions. The fund was started in 1975 with a small solidarity contribution by trade union members to help support each other to meet the education expenditure of their children.
Today the fund is made up of contributions from workers and companies and through funds generated by SACTWU’s investment company. Since the beginning, millions of rands have been paid out in bursaries to thousands of young South Africans whose parents work in the clothing, textile, leather and related industries.
The Bursary Scheme has the following features:
- All bursaries are non-repayable.
- SACTWU members, their husbands or wives, their children and legally adopted children, as well as staff members can apply for a bursary.
- The bursary is paid directly to the university, technikon or college.
- The educational institution must be registered with the National Department of Education.
- The bursary does not cover 100% of the fees. For universities, it pays 75% of fees up to a maximum of R35 000 per annum. The student must pay the remaining percentage of the fees.
- Applications deadline is end February each year for first and full year courses and 2nd week of August for second semester courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the following Links to download the Rules and Application Forms
You can view a list of all the registered private institutions by clicking on the following link:
If you have any questions regarding bursary applications, you can contact
Sactwu Bursary Department
PO Box, 18359, Dalbridge, 4014
Tel: (031) 301-1351
Fax: (031) 305-1039
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za