South African Medical Association Bursaries 2016
THE SOUTH AFRICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION BURSARIES: IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The South African Medical Association bursary is to the value of R20 000 per annum and is intended to assist needy medical students who have outstanding scholastic records, during their preclinical study years.
- Only applications in respect of first year medical studies (MB ChB or MB BCh) at a South African university will be considered.
- While financial need is an important consideration, applications are evaluated in the first instance on academic merit. Only students with an above average aggregate need therefore apply.
- Answer all questions in full, and make sure that two recent reports and a testimonial are enclosed with your application. Applicants are also expected to furnish a copy of their mid-year exam results before the closing date.
- Finalists may be requested to submit certified proof of financial circumstances before bursaries are awarded.
- Note that continuation of this bursary is conditional upon the continued pass rate of the student. The bursary will be paid into the student’s account at the University and will be non-exclusive.
- The decision of the Bursaries Selection Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into with regard to unsuccessful applications.
- Due to the large number of applications received it will not be possible to acknowledge receipt of applications, or to advise all applicants of the outcome. For that reason only successful candidates will be advised. Applicants who have not received notification by 30 December may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is 30 September. Applications received after this date will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Post applications to: The Bursaries Officer, The South Africa Medical Association, P O Box 74789, Lynnwood Ridge 0040 OR Email: [email protected]
Download the application forms below and APPLY:
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)