Southern African Wildlife College Intern 2016 – Resource Centre Tutor
The SAWC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a year long internship position available from 11 January 2016 until 2 December 2016.
It is important that the incumbent has the necessary qualifications, skills and experience for this position viz.
- Ed Degree (with English major) or studying towards a Bachelor of Education qualification
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- A strong focus on English Literacy is required
- Mathematics at Grade 12 level or higher
- Previous tutoring and or teaching experience essential. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in teaching mature students (Provide contactable references)
The Intern Tutor will be required to perform the following key duties:
- Facilitate English literacy classes for HET and FET students
- Facilitate computer literacy classes
- Assess the level of student comprehension and provide feedback
- Design and adapt training materials as required to meet student needs
Additional duties include:
- Providing additional help to students with assignments etc
- Assisting with the printing and binding of training material
- Assisting with student graduation
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks in the resource centre
The Southern African Wildlife College borders the Kruger National Park. The nearest shops and facilities are between 40 and 60 kilometers from the College. A stipend of R2500.00 will be offered along with meals and accommodation.
Interested parties should submit their CV with an application letter to Daphne Gengayan by fax (015) 793 7314.
Closing date for this application is 13 November 2015.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: R2,500.00 /month
Required license or certification:
- Teaching Qualification
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.