Standard Bank Business Analytics Internship 2016
The Business Analytics Internship programme is targeted specifically at creating a pipeline for technical and business skills within the business intelligence and analytics discipline. It is an 18 month programme that will allow successful candidates to be introduced to the world of banking and information management.
Candidates are given an opportunity to work towards a Microsoft-specific certification examination as well as apply the necessary practical aspects of their learnings.
Candidates will gain experience in various business analytics tools which include SQL Server (Database, Integration Services), advanced SQL scripting, QlikView Server (QMC), QlikView Desktop, QlikView AccessPoint and Qlik Sense. Candidates will also experience associated business analytics and collection software tools such as Office 365, NPrinting and Adobe Professional.
Candidates will have exposure to best-practice methodologies and approaches used with the bank as well as within the business analytics field.
Programme participants will receive an allowance instead of a salary. Learners receive an allowance of R5 000 per month (taxed as per SARS tax tables).
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed a post-Matric 2-3 year IT qualification
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership.
The Recruitment Process:
- Anticipated start-date of the programme is 1 April 2016
- Closing date for applications is 29 January 2016
- Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments
- The following checks will be conducted:
- Register for Employees Dismissed (RED) checks;
- Credit and criminal record checks;
- Reference checks with previous employers;
- Verification of educational qualifications; and
- Proof of South African citizenship / South African residency / Work permit.
Please note that if contact is not made with the applicant by mid-March 2016, consider the application as unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 29 January 2016
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.