The HCI Foundation Bursaries for 2016
Applications for the 2016 HCI Foundation bursary are now open.
The HCI Foundation Bursary Programme provides ﬁnancial assistance to academically deserving and ﬁnancially needy undergraduate students in any ﬁeld of study and any year of study for a ﬁrst tertiary qualiﬁcation, or continuing students who enrol for Honours at a public University or University of Technology in South Africa.
HCI Foundation is the corporate social investment arm of HCI, a black empowerment investment company that has its origins in the Southern African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union. Our primary concern is the upliftment of all people in South Africa so that all may share in an improved quality of life.
The HCI Foundations usually grants around 950 bursaries per year.
South African citizens, refugees and asylum seekers who fulfil the following criteria:
- Current HCI Foundation bursary recipients.
- Will be in their 1st year of study in 2016.
- Studying at a public University or University of Technology in South Africa.
- A minimum of 55% average for Matric or end of year results (Life Orientation is not considered).
- With a gross family income of less than R20 000 per month.
- Age 35 years or under on 30 September 2015.
NB: HCI does not fund part-time, distance learning or students studying at FET colleges.
How to apply
Applications close on 30 September 2015. Click here to apply online
For enquiries contact HCI Foundation:
Tel: 021 424 6010
Email: [email protected]