Last updated on November 9th, 2020 at 02:49 pm
Assmang (Iron Ore Beeshoek) is offering Bursary Programme for 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 06 November 2020 at 13:00.
Assmang Limited is a mining and materials company in South Africa that specifically deals with manganese and iron ores. Operating within the regions of the Northern Cape Province, the company has produced, manufactured, and distributed their acquired metals to different industries. Some of these products are exported to international institutions, while others are sold to the Assmang Limited’s subsidiary company. As a mining company, the company continuously expands their operations in different areas. One such area is Assmang Iron Ore Beeshoek, an iron ore mine that’s located around 7 kilometers away from Postmasburg. Conducting new operations from time to time, this company is always in need for a new generation of well-qualified workers.
Assmang Limited is giving out bursary programmes to dedicated, academically-driven students who require financial assistance to pursue their scholastic journey. The Assmang Bursaries is provided by the Assmang Beeshoek Iron Ore Mine, one of the company’s mining operations based in Northern Cape Province. The company believes in providing absolute excellence, especially in their career paths. To continue your education without any financial burden, and to further understand the local mining industry at the same time, the Assmang Bursaries is the most suitable choice for you.
The Assmang Bursaries is specifically allocated for two kinds of candidates. It is designed for Grade 12 learners planning to pursue a tertiary education in 2021, or current Degree/Diploma learners studying in a recognized public university/university of technology. Unfortunately, the Assmang Bursaries is not available for post-graduate students. All interested candidates are expected to display impressive academic excellence and quality leadership skills.
The Assmang Bursaries is available for these university/university of technology study fields listed below:
- Mining-related studies
- Financial studies
- Engineering-related studies
- Environmental/Hygiene studies
Make sure you jot down the Assmang Bursaries Reference Number, which must be indicated on the application form later on: BH 0297.
Interested candidates of the Assmang Bursaries will need to show several qualities that reflect the values of the company. Most importantly, the selection committee will only be accepting candidates that are proven to require immediate financial assistance. If you wish to be an Assmang Bursary awardee, you will need to fulfill all of the requirements listed below. Failure to do so may put you in a risky position during the registration period. Be sure to take note of the following requirements for reference.
The Assmang Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as stated below:
- Currently a mid-year Grade 12 student
- Excelled in Mathematics and Physical Science with at least an average aggregate score of 60%
- Has proof of admission into a recognized, South Africa university/university of technology
- Or, currently a 2nd-3rd year student pursuing an education in university/university of technology
- Displays an impressive academic track record
- Students may send in their mid-year exam results, but will need to send in year-end exam results when chosen for the bursary
- Must not be receiving a bursary or financial assistance at the time of applications
- Comes from an outstanding academic background with valuable personal attributes
- Awardees of the bursary will not be entitled to any coverage for previous outstanding bills – therefore, awardees are required to pay back their outstanding fees beforehand
- Preference will be offered to candidates who are from the Tsantsabane District, Northern Cape.
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Assmang Bursary 2021).
Candidates must prepare an application dossier to register for the Assmang Bursaries. This dossier should contain the following documents:
- A valid copy of your Identity Document (certified)
- Your recent Matric results
- A valid acceptance letter issued by your respective tertiary institutions.
If you are not comfortable with submissions via e-mail, you can have the application dossier directly delivered to the Application box situated at the Security Department.
Additionally, please take note of the following application instructions below:
- Candidates must indicate the reference number on the application form or Curriculum Vitae
- Documents sent via e-mail must be in PDF or Word format – downloadable application dossiers will not be regarded by the selection committee
- Candidates must have all of their supporting documents attached – dossiers missing at least one document will have themselves disqualified
- Application dossiers must be sent to the correct e-mail address as stated above
- Candidates are only allowed one application
- Assmang Limited holds all rights to not appoint anybody for their bursary programme.
Applications for the Assmang Bursaries 2021 intake are open from 23 October 2020 and closes on 06 November 2020 at 13:00.
The selection committee has zero tolerance for late applications. Since there is ample time left, make sure that you immediately prepare for your application dossier as soon as possible.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 21 days past the application deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the bursary.
Shortlisted candidates are subjected to further evaluation, which consists of an interview, psychometric assessment, and other medical fitness examinations.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom