Barberton Mines invites suitable candidates to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 28 January 2022.
Barberton Mines is inviting students residing within the Ehlanzeni District Municipality, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries are available for undergraduate studies within mining-related fields, specifically the following fields:
- Mining Engineering (BSc)
- Mine Surveying (BSc)
Candidates will be selected based on 3 main criteria: academic merit, medical fitness, and the meeting all the bursary requirements.
The bursary will also provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, laptop (for 1st year students), accommodation and a monthly stipend.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work/ experiential work and a 2 year internship programme.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days (by no later than 4 February 2022) – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview before final selection is made.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Ehlanzeni District Municipality, Mpumalanga province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be accepted or registered to study full-time, towards one of the mining-related undergraduate qualifications listed above
- You must be studying or been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must NOT have a criminal record
How to apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of admission or acceptance to study at a tertiary institution, if entering 1st year (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of residence, not older than 3 months (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The HRD Manager, Training Centre, Barberton Mines (Pty) LTD
P.O. Box 121
(Attention: Ms Gail Makhanya)
– Hand delivery:
Note: applications must be clearly marked “Bursary Application Form 2022”.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom