The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) project will provide matriculants from the class of 2018 with work experience and training in one of the 13 Western Cape Government Departments beginning 25 March 2019 until 31 March 2020. During this time you will receive a monthly stipend to cover your expenses. Visit the following website to apply:
Traineeship Application Closing Date: 18 January 2019
Traineeship Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Traineeship Provider: City of Cape Town
- You have written the 2018 National Senior Certificate exam (NSC) in the Western Cape, and only applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered
- You are not going to study further in 2019
- You are a South African citizen and reside in the Western Cape
- You are between the ages of 18 and 24
- You are not sure of the next step after school
- You have no network or support to help you make career choices
- You are financially constrained.
On-the-job training will be provided in the following departments:
- Department of the Premier; Department of Agriculture;
- Department of Community Safety;
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport;
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism;
- Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning;
- Department of Health;
- Department of Human Settlements;
- Department of Local Government;
- Department of Social Development;
- Department of Transport and Public Works;
- Provincial Treasury;
- Western Cape Education Department (WCED).
Please make sure that you have read the different requirements in the PAY Recruitment Guide before you make your choice of preference for a specific Department.
Why should you apply?
You will acquire skills and work experience that will make you more marketable to future employers. You get contactable references on your CV. You will have career awareness exposure to assist you to make informed career choices together with a network to support and guide you. Applicants who do not have access to computers are encouraged to make use of the following internet facilities to complete the online application:
- Your local library;
- Your local Thusong Service Centre;
- The Khanya laboratory at your local government/public school;
- E-Community Forums and e-Centres in rural towns;
- The Western Cape Government Walk-in Contact Centre;
- An internet café.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
- Proven computer literacy (MS Office)
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Planning and organising skills
- A stipend will be paid as determined by the Department.
Only online applications will be considered. Applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered. The final results will be verified with the Western Cape Education Department. Also, other personal information and documentation will be verified in terms of legislation.
Applicants are requested to attach the following documents to their profile:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (preferably in MS Word)
- Your Identity document (ID)
- Your National Senior Certificate (or advice of results)
N.B Please note that the application process consists of 2 (two) phases, the 1st phase, deals with registration and the 2nd phase with the actual application.
1. You must click on “Create Account”
2. Complete the required information and attach all required documents
3. Ensure your profile is complete and select submit to finish the registration process
4. You will receive an e-mail from Western Cape Government Careers to verify your email address,
5. Once you have confirmed your e-mail address, registration is complete.
Then to next phase.
6. Find the job and click “APPLY” on the actual job advertisement
7. Complete the application questions and click “submit”
8. You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received
Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 086 137 0202.
No emailed CV’s will be accepted as an application. Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date of 18 January 2019 as no late applications will be considered. This is due to the selection process which must be completed and the training programme which will commence on 25 March 2019.
Attachments (if applicable)
How to Apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za