Converse South Africa invites suitable candidates apply for KickTheDebt bursaries fund 2021.
Bursary Application deadline is 05 March 2021
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
Converse will be awarding R1 million to write off student debt (at secondary or tertiary level) with their #KickTheDebt campaign.
The campaign, organised by Skye Distribution (Skye), was inspired by the FeesMustFall movement which started in 2015.
R1 million will be awarded to a number of students who are in financial need and have outstanding student debt which needs to be paid off. Students may apply to write off their own secondary or tertiary debt, or may nominate someone who needs their student debt to be written off.
Please note the following important details about the campaign:
1) The award of up to R1 million will be spread out over a number of students (the amount per student will be determined and will either cover a part of or all outstanding fees).
2) Skye (the campaign organiser) will create a video showing 1 or more of the selected candidates, to share their personal background story in their campaign video. The video will be posted on Converse South Africa social media platforms, as well as other media platforms.
3) Applicants who are under 18 years old will require parental/ guardian consent to apply
4) Anyone who is affiliated with Skye, their sponsors or organizers of or a supplier to the campaign may NOT apply.
5) The awards will be paid directly to the educational institution to which the debt is owed – awards are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-exchangeable.
6) Selected candidates will be contacted telephonically or via email by 30 April 2021 at the latest. If you are not contacted, then you have not been selected.
7) If selected candidates do not respond within 3 working days, an alternative nominee will be selected.
8) Students must provide all requested information and documentation – if they fail to do so within 1 week of requeste, the award will be forfeited
9) Names of selected students will be shared on the Converse South Africa website on 30 April 2021.
10) Skye will be permitted to amend or update the T&C’s of the campaign (which will be available online)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within South Africa
- Between 13 and 28 years old
- Currently enrolled and studying at an accredited secondary or tertiary educational institute in South Africa
- In financial need
- Have outstanding tuition fees, including interest (student debt)
- Have a strong academic record with a minimum overall average of 60%
How to apply
Applications must be done online at: https://www.converse.co.za/kick-the-debt.html
Alternatively, applicants can send a WhatsApp message to: 061 806 0654 for instructions to apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record
- Statement / invoice detailing outstanding tuition fees
- Student number
- Proof of enrollment
- Parental consent (if under 18 years old)
- Proof of financial need
- Any other information required
- Written motivation to support your application/ application of someone you are nominating
- Application video (not mandatory)
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom