Cummins South Africa invites South African unemployed youth to apply for Apprenticeship Programme 2023 / 2024
Apprenticeship Application Closing Date: Not specified
Apprenticeship Location: Various Locations, South Africa
We are looking for a talented APPRENTICE to join our team specializing in SERVICE for our DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS SEGMENT in various provinces in SOUTH AFRICA.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
ABOUT THE APPRENTICESHIPS
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Opportunity to obtain a nationally recognized and fully qualified Cummins Diesel Fitter qualification
- Gain practical experience and earn while you learn with a global leader in engine technology
- Bring your enquiring mind for resolving common technical engine problems
- Contribute your enthusiasm, determination, positive attitude to an Apprentice Diesel Fitter role, that will grow your career!
- Receive structured multi-functional on the job training and work under the supervision of a qualified Cummins Technician, you will receive exposure that comes with the diagnosis and repair of Cummins engines and products
- Gain experience in working on a range of our world class Cummins engines by disassemble, clean, inspect, troubleshoot and reassemble engines and other workshop activities
Qualifications and Skills Required
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Minimum Qualification – Matric and Technical N2 (Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawings and Diesel Trade Theory/Motor Trade Theory), OR Technical N3 (Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawings and Diesel Trade Theory/Motor Trade Theory / Mechanotechnology OR Technical N4 (Mathematics, Engineering Science, Mechanical Draughting and Mechanothechnics).
- The ability to work well in a team
- Communicates effectively by delivering communication that provides a clear understanding
- A strong focus on Health, Safety & Environment
How to apply
You apply online for this exciting opportunity. To apply on the Cummins careers portal, please click or tap the link of your choice of location below: