Dis-Chem invites South African unemployed youth to apply for Dispensary Support Learnership Programme 2022 / 2023.
Learnership Application Closing Date: 25 August 2022
Learnership Location: Pretoria and Westville
Dispensary Support staff must have completed a proficiency test approving them to apply for registration with Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a learner basic assistant.
A pharmacist’s assistant registered in the category pharmacist’s assistant learner basic; may perform the following services or acts under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in a pharmacy:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the SOP set out by the company.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Computer, numerical skills.
- Retail FMCG, Dis-Chem front shop experience and a good performance record.
- Drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
- Unisolv, SAP and E-Scripting.
Special conditions of employment:
- Proficiency test assessing capability to register with Pharmacy Council
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
How to apply
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom