Last updated on September 3rd, 2019 at 12:07 pm
Distell to apply for Internships Programme for financial year 2020. The intern is for the period of 12 months.
Internship Provider: Distell
Internship Location: New Germany Distribution Centre in Kwazulu Natal
Closing Date: 31 August 2019
Applications are invited for the above mentioned positions in the Southern Africa Distribution Department, based at our New Germany Distribution Centre in Kwazulu Natal. The successful incumbent will report to the Distribution Manager.
Purpose of the Position:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students recently graduated, but are unemployed and require exposure in a work environment, or those in their last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 February 2020 and ending 31 January 2021.
Key Learnings would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Materials Handling
- Quality Control
- Warehousing and Distribution
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Suitable Tertiary qualification – diploma / degree
- Good decision making skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Analyse and generate meaningful insights from numbers & data
- Ability to work in cross functional groups within the business unit.
- Results and goal orientated, always able to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and make a difference.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driver’s License is essential.
- South African citizen.
The successful candidate must Demonstrates the following Behavioural competencies:
Lead Self – Personal effectiveness, Resilience, Model the Organisation values
Thinking and Innovation – Business Acumen, Adaptability, Problem solving
Relationship – Customer focus, Builds and maintain relationships, Engagement skills
Management – Planning, Organizing & Controlling, Sense of urgency, Take Ownership
Leadership – Dealing with change, Team work, Leading own performance
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Letter of motivation
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Certified academic record
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution
- Certified copy of identity document
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za