Financial Services Board (FSB) is offering Analyst internship for 2017 / 2018 to join its Insurance Prudential Department. The candidate will be subjected to competency assessment and integrity checks before an appointment is made.
Internship Application closing date 26 June 2016
Internship Provider : FSB
Internship Location : Gauteng
(Ref No: FSB 222)
The purpose of the job is to register, monitor, evaluate, analyse and report on the financial soundness of the long-term or short-term insurers, within the parameters determined by the relevant managers and the Long-term Insurance Act and Short-term Insurance (“Acts”) to ensure that the insurers are financially sound to meet its obligations. Persons appointed to these positions will report to the Manager: Insurance Prudential
- B.Com degree or B.Tech with Accounting as major, with at least 0 to1 year working experience.
- Knowledge and experience of the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
- Analyse, interpret and deal with statutory annual and quarterly prescribed returns and published annual financial statements of the insurers, within the parameters determined by the Team Manager, to establish compliance with the financial provisions of the Acts;
- Consider and make recommendations regarding the applications for registration of new insurers, extensions of the license of the existing insurer, as well as other non-financial applications;
- Participate in on-site visits to insurers to establish compliance with insurance legislation and assist with a risk assessment of an insurer;
- Consider requests and matters of a financial nature by insurers in terms of the provisions of the Acts and within the parameters determined by the Team Manager but with limited supervision;
- Perform administrative and other activities relating to the regulatory framework as may be required;
- Participate in projects within parameters set;
- Manage relationships with insurers as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good verbal and written communication skill; problem analysing skills; information gathering, good interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, good customer relations skills; persuasiveness skills and must be computer literate
The candidate will be subjected to competency assessment and integrity checks before an appointment is made.
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their CV’s for attention Ms Zandile Nyathi at e-mail address: [email protected] by no later than 26 June 2017.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for psychometric testing and interviews. Should you not be invited, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za