The Gauteng Department of Education is looking to recruit unemployed youth as COVID-19 Screeners at schools, district offices, head Office and teacher centres.
Closing Date: 20 July 2021
Screeners will be paid a stipend of R3 500 per month. The fixed term contract will be from 26 July – 31 December 2021.
- Aged between 18-34 years old
- Not working or studying
- Minimum school qualification of Grade 12
- Good organisational skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Enjoy working with children and young adults
- Patience, confidence and a compassionate attitude
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to manage groups of learners and deal with challenging behaviour
- Ability to communicate in English and one other official language
- Only Gauteng Residents can apply
- Applicants must live within walking distance of the school where they apply
- Ensure adherence to COVID-19 Standard
- Operating Procedures• Supervise social distancing among school children all the time
- Take and register temperature and vital signs
- Sanitise all learners, educators and visitors
- Report suspicious cases to the relevant school COVID-19 Champion
- Compile weekly and monthly reports.
How to apply
The only way to apply for this opportunity is to register and apply on the zero-rated sayouth.mobi site https://sayouth.mobi/Home/Index/EN.. (You can search for the school closest to where you live)NB: Former beneficiaries of the Gauteng Youth Brigades, Presidential Youth Employment Intervention and Bus Conductor Programme CANNOT apply.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom