Gauteng Department of Social Development invites suitably qualified candidates to submit applications for the various job vacancies (x311 posts).
Closing date: 17 November 2023
Locations: Gauteng, South Africa
The Gauteng Department of Social Development is actively recruiting for various job vacancies, totaling 311 posts. If you are passionate about contributing to a caring and self-reliant society, consider applying for the positions listed below.
Vision and Mission of the Department:
- Vision: A caring and self-reliant society.
- Mission: To transform society by building conscious and capable citizens through the provision of integrated social development services.
Strategic Outcome-Oriented Goals:
- Support to core business for effective and efficient services.
- Efficient and effective integrated developmental social welfare services focusing on children, youth, older persons, persons with disabilities, and women.
- Efficient, effective anti-poverty community interventions, youth development, and women empowerment services promoting sustainable livelihoods.
List of Available Job Vacancies:
Sustainable Livelihood (192 posts):
- Assistant Community Dev Practitioner (175 posts)
- Community Development Practitioner (15 posts)
- Senior Admin Officer: (Anti-Poverty) (2 posts)
Institutions (82 posts):
- Nursing Assistant (50 posts)
- Staff Nurse (10 posts)
- Professional Nurse (22 posts)
HIV/AIDS (28 posts):
- Social Worker (13 posts)
- Senior Admin Officer: EPWP (5 posts)
- Data Capturers EPWP & HIV (8 posts)
Social Work Policy Developer (1 post)
Assistant Director: (EPWP) (1 post)
Internal Control (3 posts):
- Senior Admin Officer: Internal Control (3 posts)
Auxiliary Services (6 posts):
- Snr Admin Officer: Security Property & Ohs (1 post)
- Senior Admin Officer: Fleet (1 post)
- Transport Clerk (3 posts)
- Administrative Officer (Transport) (1 post)
How to Apply:
- To apply for these positions, please visit https://jobs.gauteng.gov.za.
- Enquiries: ST Mmakola at 011 227 0250.
- The Department reserves the right to fill or not fill the positions.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- The selection and appointment of candidates are subject to positive vetting and verification requirements in accordance with government policy and procedures.