Harmony invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Harmony is inviting first year students to apply for bursary funding for the rest of the 2021 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for degree in ANY field of study (and are not limited to mining-related studies). Students residing within the Free State, Matlosana and Merafong communities are encouraged to apply.
The bursary is a once-off financial assistance, to be awarded to the maximum value of R100 000.
The Harmony bursary was initiated with the aim of financially assisting students from communities surrounding Harmony’s operations. Bursaries are awarded in various fields each year, dependent on Harmony’s future labour requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in one of the following communities:
- Free State: Allanridge/ Nyakallong, Hennenman/ Phomolong, Odendaalrus/ Kutloanong, Theunissen, Welkom/ Thabong, Virginia/ Meloding
- Matlosana: Alabama, Hartebeesfontein, Jouberton, Kanana, Khuma, Klerksdorp, Orkney, Stilfontein, Tigane or Vaal Reefs
- Merafong: Blybank, Blyvoor, Carletonville and including Ward 1 Farming Area, Driefontein, Fochville, Green Parks, Kokosi, Khutsong and Khutsong South (ext 2 and 5), Wedela and Welverdiend
- You must have completed Matric or equivalent
- You must be studying towards a degree qualification
- You must be in your 1st year of study, in the 2021 academic year
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution (University or University of Technology) in South Africa
- You must have a total household income of less than R600 000 per year
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric NSC certificate or equivalent/ Matric latest results (certified copy)
- Proof of residence in one of the above communities (signed affidavit or municipal account)
- Proof of household income: parents/ guardians/ own (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if an informal trader, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension if applicable, proof of SASSA grant if applicable, death certificates if deceased etc)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Financial statement from your University or University of Technology (on institutes letterhead)
- Students banking details (on banks letterhead)
Note: all documents must not be older than 3 months.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Shereen Kloppers: SKloppers@Harmony.co.za
(Insert the words “Harmony Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom