Hilton College invites unemployed graduates to apply for 12 months Teacher Graduate / Internship Programme 2021 / 2022.
Internship Application Closing Date : 12 July 2021
Internship Application Location: Hilton, KwaZulu-Natal
Hilton College is currently looking for suitable candidates for the Internship Programme for 2022.
To produce excellent teachers with honed leadership skills, who are committed to helping overcome the challenges facing education in South Africa. Our aim is that graduates from our Teacher Internship Project become educational leaders of tomorrow.
At the entrance gates to the Hilton College estate, the following words are inscribed:
“Enter these gates with humility, determined to contribute to, and to take advantage of, all that this institution offers, and depart knowing that you are well equipped to forge your future in the world.”
This phrase is particularly apt for the young men who attend the College and provides a foundation for the intentions of the yearlong internship programme that we offer.
The primary aim of the internship programme at Hilton College is to develop and equip young teachers who will serve as ‘the future of education’ in South Africa and beyond.
The programme is designed to furnish each intern with a range of opportunities for involvement in several facets of school life, resulting in valuable experience.
The ideal candidate for this programme must:
- Be registering or be eligible to register for a PGCE through correspondence in 2022 and be interested in gaining professional experience in the workplace;
- Show serious commitment to contributing to a better world by spending time at schools affiliated to the VULA Programme;
- Be motivated to assist in a boarding house as we are a full boarding school;
- Be able and willing to offer at least two co-curricular skills, e.g. sports coaching and or cultural input such as theatre and performance, debating, music, etc.
- Be willing to be involved in specific school programmes and projects such as theatrical plays, field trips, hikes, sports tours, and other outreach activities;
- Demonstrate a passion for continued self-learning and see themselves working towards a permanent career in teaching.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a full CV; a motivation letter (including which two subjects you are able to or would like to teach, sports you have experience coaching/playing and to what levels, as well as any other information about activities you may have or want to be involved in) together with certified copies of your qualification certificates including matric NSC results and tertiary results, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12th July 2021.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of our roles.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom