IQbusiness South Africa invites applicants for Graduate / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
Internship Application closing date is 31 August 2020
Internship Location: South Africa
What better way to kick start your professional career with IQbusiness, the leading independent management consulting firm in South Africa.
Our 12-month internship programme is designed to give passionate graduates the opportunity to hone their abilities and garner valuable experience, by exposing them to the workplace and letting them work on a variety of projects.
We will support your growth and learning with experience, exposure and education.
- Completed Matric
- Completed undergraduate Tertiary Qualification
- Have a Drivers’ License and a willingness to travel
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The day-to-day activities of consultants are often complex and will vary depending on the client and type of project. You may work alone on some projects, while others will involve a large team and could be based in one location or across various sites.
- Exposure to various Consultant role types include:
- Technical roles – the roles involved in applying combined functional and industry expertise applied to core concepts, tools, approaches and methodologies
- Project roles – this involves the design and delivery of client solutions. Here you will perform assigned work activities in terms of clearly defined work plans under close supervision
- Client facing roles – the role involved in delivering on business solutions already sold
- Internal roles – working on internal projects and strategic initiatives
- Generic roles – working across functional areas
- Typical tasks, particularly for new graduate recruits, involve:
- Carrying out research and data collection to understand the organisation
- Conducting analysis
- Interviewing the client’s employees, management team and other stakeholders
- Running focus groups and facilitating workshops
- Preparing business proposals and presentations
- Assisting to identify issues and forming hypotheses and solutions
- Implementing recommendations/solutions and ensuring the client receives the necessary assistance to carry it all out
- Liaising with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions
- Quality Analysis for all project work
- Participate in all communities of interest and Town Halls
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, facilitation
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Leadership Skills – strategic thinker, people management
- Be a creative and analytical thinker
- Be highly driven and able to self-manage in a fast-paced environment
- Build rapport and develop effective working relationships with clients
- Be resilient in dealing with resistance to change
Our next internship programme will run from January 2021 to January 2022. Online applications will open on 1 June 2020 and close on 31 August 2020.
How to apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za