Citrus Academy invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2021.
Bursary Application Closing date is 15 September 2020
Bursary Provider: Citrus Academy
Citrus Academy bursaries will be awarded to those pursuing the following qualifications, from second year of study onwards:
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Production
- Soil Science
- Crop Production
- Agricultural Production Management
- Agricultural Management
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen/ Zimbabwean citizen/ Swaziland citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards one of the aforementioned agricultural qualifications
- Entering your 2nd or higher year of study
- Studying full time or part time at a recognised South African tertiary institute (University/ University of Technology/ College)
- Strong academic record
- Disabled students are welcome to apply
- *Preference will be given to females and previously disadvantaged students
Selection criteria will be based on the following factors:
- Previously disadvantaged status
- Field of study
- Academic record
- Proven financial need
- Background relevant to the citrus industry
- Disability status
We provide funding to cover tuition, accommodation, meals, books and stationery, research costs (postgraduate students only), and other expenses related to a students’ studies.
How to apply
IMPORTANT! Before proceeding with your application ensure that you meet the below criteria. If you are not clear on the procedure email [email protected] or contact Londiwe at 031 765 3410 BEFORE filling out the application form. Application forms that do not meet the below criteria, or have insufficient or incorrect information will NOT be considered, and you will not be notified.
1. Are you a citizen of South Africa, Zimbabwe or Swaziland?
2. Are you entering your 2nd year of study or higher?
3. Are you studying one of the following qualifications: Plant Production; Crop Production; Plant Pathology; Horticulture; Soil Science; Entomology; Microbiology; Agricultural Economics; Agricultural Management; Agricultural Production Management; Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering.
Applications close on the 15th of September!
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za