Last updated on August 9th, 2019 at 02:11 pm
Internship Application Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Internship Location: Polokwane
Internship Provider: Lazney Digital
Monthly Stipend: R3000
Lazney Digital will be launching a new online publication and it is looking to invites x2 journalists’ interns for a period of 12 months starting from 1 August 2019 to 31 July 2020, for the following beats:
- Write daily articles sourced from press releases, social media, online data sources, and interviews transcripts.
- Frontline proofreading and editing – for your own content, as well as content written by others.
- Please note that it is not only your typical nine to five role, as you will on several occasions need to start work early or end the day late to meet deadlines.
- Our office working hours is 8:00 to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday but you will be expected to write articles while you’re at home, late or even on weekends to meet deadlines.
- Please do not apply for this role if you are looking for a ‘work-life balance’ or if you are a veritable ‘clock watcher’.
- The position is full-time, and will not entertain special work-arrangement requests.
- This role is best suited for a recent and inexperienced graduates looking to immerse themselves into the world of entertainment journalism and online publishing.
- To be successful in this position, you must be able to learn, take constructive criticism, and be versatile in both your approach to the work and your writing assignments.
- A three-year university degree or diploma obtained at a South African public university.
- Very strong English language skills and you must be able to speak with a neutral South African English accent, write and edit well.
- Versatility – the ability to write across various subjects and topics if and when required.
- Your own laptop is an advantage, company will provide you with wifi as this is a work from both office and home role.
- Stability and reliability under pressure, and a consistency in the kind and quality of work produced.
- Ability to work with very little guidance and supervision.
- Computer literacy – ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google applications.
- Superior online research skills.
- Photographic skills
- An interest in writing, journalism, especially entertainment journalism.
- Can start working with us immediately.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV to [email protected].Three samples of your original articles on the following topics:
- Music: (Casper Nyovest released a new single titled ‘Ke tswa Mahikeng’)
- Celebs: (Tom Tom is getting married to Mary Mary)
- TV: (Ramie landed a new role on Ferguson Films new soapie called The Fire)
Please note: You can use any words which you think can be necessary for the articles. Minimum words: 100
for more information email: [email protected]
Should you not hear from us within end of July, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za