Last updated on May 12th, 2021 at 11:19 am
Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Sector Education and Training Authority (MerSETA) is invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2021 / 2022.
Bursary Application Closing Date is 30 June 2021 (for first semester) and 30 September 2021 (for second semester).
Every year merSETA invite students to apply for their bursary programme, which focuses on studies within the Engineering and Science sectors. Students who have excellent academic records and wish to pursue a career within 1 of the 5 merSETA subsectors (Metals and Engineering; Auto Manufacturing; Plastics Industries; Retail motor and component manufacturing; and new tyre manufacturing), should apply for bursary funding.
merSETA bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
University of Technology students (semester courses):
- Chemical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Electrical Engineering (light and heavy current & electronics) (National Diploma)
- Metallurgy & Materials Engineering (National Diploma)
- Industrial Engineering (National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (including Mechatronics) (National Diploma)
- Polymer Technology (National Diploma)
- Production and Operations Management (National Diploma)
University students (undergraduate programmes):
- Chemical Engineering (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (light and heavy current and electronic) (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (including Mechatronics) (BSc)
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering (BSc)
Bursaries will be awarded to students from their 1st year of study, however current students may also apply if they have partially completed their courses with satisfactory results and would not be able to further their studies without funding.
Students who have other sources of significant funding (bursaries, loans, scholarships or other awards), must declare this to the Bursary Scheme Manager.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be unemployed and wish to work within the manufacturing, engineering and related service sector OR you must be employed by a company which is registered with the merSETA
- You must be in possession of a Matric certificate (or equivalent) OR a post-Matric (or equivalent qualification)
- You must meet the minimum admission requirements of the tertiary institution
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Degree or Diploma qualifications
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
How to apply
Application forms can be requested by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “merSETA Bursary Application Request” in the email subject line).
You may be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or equivalent (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ registration at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Latest tertiary report, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of any other sources of study funding
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom