The Mpumalanga Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport has 70 Learnership Programmes for unemployed students. This Learnership Programme will be based in Mpumalanga. The duration of this programme is 12 months. Succesful candidates will receive a learners allowance of R1750 per month during their placement. Participants will undergo both theory and practical training for a period of twelve months upon signing of a 12 month contract which is not renewable.
Learnership application deadline is 10 February 2017 @ 16:00
Learnership Provider: Dept of Public Works,Roads & Transport
Learnership Location : Mpumalanga
Field of Studies :
- 18 x Bohlabela in Electrical (NQF level 3)
- 18 x Gert Sibande in Brick Laying (NQF level 3)
- 17 x Nkangala in Carpentry (NQF level 4)
- 17 x Ehlanzeni in Plumbing (NQF level 4)
- The applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old, unemployed and must not have entered into a Learnership before.
- In possession of grade 12 (National Senior Certificate).
- Must be fit to operate heavy construction equipment.
- All signed and dated applications should be submitted on form Z83 obtained at any government department (download here)
- Applications must be accompanied by a brief CV, certified copies of qualification(s) and ID.
The Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women and persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications must be forwarded to: Head: Public Works, Roads & Transport Private Bag x 11302 Mbombela 1200
Applications addressed as above can also be hand–delivered at:
- Head Office (Mbombela, Riverside Government Complex, Building no. 9, Main Entrance Gate)
- Bohlabela District Office (Thulamahashe) : Mr W Molomudi 013 773 0334
- Ehlanzeni District Office (Mbombela) : Mr G Mashile 013 762 6067
- Nkangala District Office (KwaMhlanga) : Ms G Mabena 013 947 2593
- Gert Sibande District Office (Ermelo) : Mr H Mkhonza 017 801 4000/5600
No faxed or e-mailed application will be considered.
Head Office Enquiries: Mr MV Khuvutlu (013) 766 6912 and Mr JD Nkomo (013) 766 6824.Note: Communication will be restricted to the shortlisted candidates only.
Participants will undergo both interview and placement test. Successful candidates will be informed accordingly. Should you not hear from the Department within three months from the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za