Last updated on December 14th, 2020 at 09:47 am
National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 30 December 2020
The National Disaster Management Centre #NDMC hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the external bursary programme for the 2021 academic year. The NDMC bursary seeks to fund selected students enrolled for a higher qualification in Disaster (Risk) Management or related field at a public institution in South Africa (excluding a PhD qualification).
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Applicants must have applied for a Disaster (Risk) Management or a related field at a South African public institution of higher learning of their choice by the time the bursary is advertised;
- Applicants must have been accepted to study for a Disaster (Risk) Management or related field at a South African public institution of higher learning of their choice by the time the bursary is advertised;
- Unemployed applicants must have proof of household income of less than R350 000.00 per annum;
- Employed applicants must have proof of income of less than R350 000.00 per annum;
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- First preference will be given to students studying towards a Disaster (Risk) Management qualification; and
- Applications from PhD students will not be considered for this bursary funding.
Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms: • Brief Curriculum Vitae • Motivation letter • A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with 50% and above (students already at Institutions of Higher Learning should have obtained an average of 50% and above in all major subjects and must attach the 2020 academic year results) • Proof of application for Disaster (Risk) Management or a field related to Disaster (Risk) Management in the absence of proof of acceptance or admission letter • Proof of admission or acceptance letter from the public tertiary institution • Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Document • Proof of residence • Proof of income (for parents/ guardians in the case of dependents) or an affidavit with supporting documents in cases where the student does not have parents • Proof of income in the case of employed applicants. Disclosure of other sources of financial support.
ALLOWANCES: The Bursary Programme will cover the following:
- Tuition including registration • Book allowance (where applicable capped at R5 500.00) •Research allowance (where applicable capped at R11 000.00).
- You can download the application form
- Successful students are expected to enter into a bursary contract with the NDMC. The agreement contains all general provisions related to the bursary programme.
How to apply
Applications should be posted to: The Director: Disaster Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research, Private Bag X804, Pretoria 0001 or hand deliver to 1303 Heuwel Avenue, Riverside Park, Letaba House, Second Floor, Centurion, 0046. All enquiries should be directed to: Mr Mokhurumelo Kgwetiane, tel. (012) 848 4615, mobile phone 060 983 6914 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Lesego Shoroma, tel. (012) 848 4801, mobile phone 082 644 1200 or by e-mail email@example.com
Applications submitted by email, late applications as well as late applications will NOT be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates on or before 31 January 2021
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom