The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is offering bursaries to students who wish to study towards an Engineering qualification at a tertiary Institution. The Municipality’s Bursary Programme aims to provide access to high quality and relevant education and training and skills development opportunities including workplace learning and experience, to prospective learners who wish to study and gain technical skills.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 25 October 2019
Bursary Provider: Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
Bursary Location: South Africa
Bursaries for study are available in the following engineering disciplines:
- Ndip in Civil Engineering
- BEngTech Civil Engineering
- BTech Civil Engineering
- Grade 12 learners with South African ID numbers, who are permanent residents in South Africa who have been accepted to a university for any of the above engineering programmes
- Matriculants that have obtained Matric Exemptions in Mathematics and Physical Science and have been accepted to a tertiary Institution to study any of the above programmes
- Current students at university already studying towards any of the above programmes
- Preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants that reside in the Eastern Cape Province,
The bursary will cover the following:
- Tuition fees Residence and meal fees Monthly allowance
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into a binding contract with the Council after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary
- Where bursars are required to undertake experiential training, as prescribed by the course, with the Municipality, an allowance will be paid to them during this period.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a detailed CV, accompanied by a certified ID copy. If currently in Grade 12, a copy of the applicant’s June Grade 12 results must accompany the NMBM bursary application form. If, however, an applicant has completed Grade 12, with an exemption, a copy of the Grade 12 Certificate must be attached, or a statement of results.
Applications must be marked for the attention of the Executive Director: Infrastructure and Engineering, PO Box 116, Port Elizabeth, 6000 or handed in to Mrs Sinazo Mkize on the ninth floor, Lillian Diedericks Building. Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth. For more information, contact the Skills Development Office at 041-506 3425/0415062447
No faxed, e-mailed or late applications will be accepted
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za