Netcare is currently recruiting and welcomes eligible candidates to submit applications for the following employment opportunity: Receptionist (9x posts)
Closing Date: 20 October 2023
Locations: Medicross – various locations, Gauteng and Eastern Cape
Position Title: Graduate Trainee – General Entertainment (GE)
Netcare Primary Care Division is currently recruiting and inviting applications for the position of Receptionist, with nine posts available at various Medicross locations. Here are the details of the vacancy:
Role Title: Receptionist Division: Netcare Primary Care Division
Reporting Structure: Clinic Manager
Netcare Limited is a South African private healthcare company that operates through a number of subsidiaries and employs over 21,000 people.
As a Receptionist at Netcare, you will be required to be a brand ambassador by providing the best and safest person-centered health and care, quality customer service, all while embodying the values of care, truth, participation, compassion, and dignity. Your role will involve delivering quality customer service in line with the overall business strategy and performing administrative, switchboard, billing, and pay-point functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities and accountabilities for this role include:
- Ensuring the accuracy (quality and integrity) of information on patient files and the billing system.
- Maintaining the neatness and tidiness of the reception area.
- Accountability for accurate document completion (admission and discharge).
- Handling customer complaints and escalating unresolved issues to the relevant manager.
- Performing all banking/cash up processes as per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carrying out pay-point duties as required, including receipt of cash/credit card/debit card payments and allocation to patient accounts.
- Managing telephonic inquiries and queries.
- Accurately recording messages and ensuring their delivery.
- Making accurate bookings based on patient preferences for practitioner, date, and time.
- Managing patient arrivals in a proficient and professional manner.
- Assisting patients in completing the required documentation to ensure compliance with the admission process.
- Verifying and confirming the patient file for accuracy and completeness and updating it.
- Printing an MCR (Medical Case Record) and ensuring the correct practitioner is selected.
- Informing the patient of any outstanding balances or levies.
- Validating patient details on the applicable switch application and informing the patient if verification was not successful.
- Directing patients to the appropriate location, services, and professionals.
- Monitoring patient waiting times and keeping patients informed.
- Ensuring correct billing of patients after their visit.
- Switching accounts for all Medical Aid patients and collecting outstanding payments at the time of the visit.
- Setting up appointments for patients with specialists as requested by practitioners.
- Managing requests for repeat scripts accurately and promptly.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 certificate.
- Higher certificate in Business Management or a related field.
- Previous experience in a hospital/clinic environment would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Medical Schemes is advantageous.
- Computer literacy.
- SAP experience.
- ME+ experience.
- Thorough knowledge of general/primary care nursing theory and practice.
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialized field of intensive care nursing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to apply using the link provided in the original job posting.
Please note that Netcare is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities. Reference checks for internal applicants will be conducted with the applicant’s current and past Netcare direct line managers and the relevant Netcare HR Managers.
If your application is not successful, Netcare will retain your CV and other information provided on their electronic system..
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to