Novo Nordisk invites applicants to apply for Legal and Compliance Graduate / Internship Programme 2022.
Internship Application Closing Date: 26 January 2022
Internship Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
As Legal & Compliance Intern, you will be responsible to ensure the execution of the functional strategic plans created by the functional Director that drive short, medium, and long-term expansion and development of Novo Nordisk.
- Ensuring that the organization and outside parties comply with the Business ethics and principles of the Company
- To provide compliance support to the Legal and Compliance Director and Compliance Officer
- Assisting timeously with all Department activities ensuring compliance with Novo Nordisk procedures and policies.
- Follow up on policies and procedures ensuring compliance and guidance.
- Administrative tasks
- Uphold the integrity and confidentiality of the Legal and Compliance Department.
Position’s key accountabilities
- Support the wider NNSA in achieving the overall BSC results
- Report on legal and business ethics compliance issues, including grants, donations and sponsorship, and template contracts, drafting and review of letters, an amendment to contracts, undertaking compliance risk assessments, marketing code and compliance training and education and manage, handle and report compliance investigation
- Provide support and collaborate on business ethics/compliance activities including assisting in the roll-out of corporate business ethics/compliance initiatives, and reporting on regional business ethics/compliance initiatives, risks, and developments
- Ensure anchoring of local processes to support adequate business ethics/compliance risk mitigation and reporting
- Act in line with ethical standards, quality requirements, and local policies and Novo Nordisk Way
- Attending to the drafting of resolutions, managing resolutions register, managing minute books, and attendance register
- Ensure that employees complete Business Ethics SOPs and tests by the deadlines set and follow up on BE KPI Report
- Ensure business ethics/compliance with an affiliate is aligned with and supports NN global procedures, processes, and strategy
- Process review
- Ensure affiliate is audit-ready for internal and external business ethics audits; follow-up on the audit action plan, corrective action and implement preventative measures
- Using automation systems and computerized support cases
- Attend to ad-hoc audits as on expenses, grants, donations, and the like
- Ensure legal and compliance soft copies and hard copies of the agreements are correctly archived and attended to timeously
- Administrative duties and office/diary management
- Active participation in the sustainability project and other projects hosted by the L&C Department
- Continuous process review, enhancement, and optimization within the function
You have a minimum bachelor’s degree level law degree or compliance degree and you have excellent command over both written and spoken English. Relevant business background is an advantage.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Literacy– especially word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Interpretation of law and policies
- Organisational skills
- Compliance knowledge
- Office managerial skills
In addition, the candidate should also have business knowledge within the following areas:
- An understanding of the compliance mandate to protect the organization
- Proactive attitude
- Good presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Problem solving and good judgment
- Ability to execute instructions timeously
How to apply
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom