Last updated on September 10th, 2019 at 03:25 pm
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will be opening the application for 2020 financial assistance in September 2019 for students wishing to further their studies at any of the 26 public universities or 50 TVET colleges.
How to apply
Apply online @ www.nsfas.org.za
Although NSFAS will accept paper applications, universities and TVET colleges, you can go to institution of your choice, they will assist you to submit online applications during these application periods.
Whats documents needed in order to apply for NSFAS?
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
- ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- A completed and signed consent form, which you may download here and must be filled in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure Afrom www.nsfas.org.za fill it in and submit it with your application
NB: The stamp on all certified documents should not be older than three months
Who can apply?
YOU MAY APPLY IF:
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this Institution and have not been approved for NSFAS funding in 2018
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this Institution but have not applied for NSFAS funding before
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less and you plan to study at a public university or TVET College in 2019 and require funding
PLEASE NOTE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
You have already applied for 2020 on www.nsfas.org.za and have an application reference number
You already have NSFAS funding for 2019
You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree other than the postgraduate qualifications listed below which you may apply for:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- B Tech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- B Tech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- B Tech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
Applicants may make use of the computer lab on campus to apply and may also contact the financial aid office on campus for assistance with their 2020 applications.
You may Call the NSFAS Contact Centre on 08 000 67327
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za