Sanlam is offering bursaries to scholars who have enrolled or want to study Actuarial Science for the academic year 2018. If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just the person Sanlam is looking for.
Bursary application deadline is 30 June 2017
Bursary Provider: Sanlam
Bursary Location : South African
Field of Studies :
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science
- Final Grade 11 results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- Alowances for books, travel and pocket money
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
Motivation for your Application
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How to apply
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars).
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za