Sasol in Sasolburg, Free State is looking for physically fit and healthy individuals to join their brave and dynamic team of Firefighters. The purpose of the job is to protect the company assets against the adverse consequences that may result from SHER related incidents. This is an entry-level training opportunity within the emergency management unit of Sasol.
Learnership Application Closing Date: 31 July 2017
Learnership Location: Sasolburg, Free State
Learnership Provider: Sasol
- Grade 12 (Must)
- Medically fit for firefighting (incl. functional and capacity test/evaluation)
- Excellent communication skills
- Building partnerships and networking
- Conflict Management
- Applying relevant legislation, Company codes, standards and procedures
- Mentally and physically fit
- Be able to work shifts and do standby as required
- Support and maintain operational and applicable legal requirements and processes in support of Emergency Management and Sasol’s strategic objectives.
- To ensure timeout effective response to emergency incidents, on- and off site and thus ensuring the protection of Sasol and its employees and other property as per mutual aid agreements.
- To ensure that fire and life equipment are inspected as per the SANS 1475 standard.
- Ensure that emergency equipment and vehicles are always readily available.
- To ensure station, vehicles and equipment cleanliness.
- Listening skills
- Sense of urgency and able to work under pressure
- Assertiveness / Decisiveness Cooperativeness
- Team Player
- Strong customer eccentric orientation
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za