The South African Weather Service invites graduates to apply for Meteorology/Atmospheric Internships Programme for academic year 2019 in Pretoria, OR Tambo International Airport, Bloemfontein, Durban, Port Elizabeth, and Cape Town. The duration of this Internship Programme is 12 months. This internship will commence on 11 February 2019.
Internship Application Closing Date: 26 October 2018.
Internship Provider: South African Weather Service
Internship Location: The forecasting offices where forecasters possibly can be appointed are: Pretoria, OR Tambo International Airport, Bloemfontein, Durban, Port Elizabeth, and Cape Town.
- Graduates who are in possession of an Honours Degree in Meteorology / Atmospheric sciences
- With at least Mathematics on Second year University level and physical sciences on first year university level
The following must accompany the application:
- A certified copy of Matric results
- A certified copy of the full academic record to prove the subject choice at the university where applicable
- A certified copy of SA identity document
- A CV
- Motivation Letter
- A certified copy of the different degrees
The following will serve as recommendations:
- Good interpersonal relations
- A basic level of computer literacy
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on the prescribed SA Weather Service bursary application form (download here).
Enquiries should be directed to Ms. Gugu Maphisa (012 367 6085), [email protected].
Forward the application to: The CEO, the South African Weather Service, Private Bag X097, Pretoria 0001, for the attention of Ms. Gugu Maphisa.
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a month of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za