Sefako Makgatho University Application Forms 2016.
How do I apply to study at SMU?
- Download the student application form, by clicking here .
- Complete the form in full and answer all questions with black ink (pen).
- Make sure the names appearing on your Identity Document (ID), as well as your certificates are the same and in the same sequence.
- All student application forms submitted after closing dates will not be considered.
I am an international student, how do I apply to study at SMU?
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Application for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country or residence/origin, and it would be in favour of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) and to be submitted during registrations.
How do I apply for SMU student residency/accommodation?
- On page 5 of the student application form, there is an option for residential application.
What documents do I attach on the SMU student application form?
- Certified copy of your Identity ID or Birth Certificate.
- Certified copy of final grade 11 results or final National Senior Certificate (NSC) / Matric Certificate (only those who completed matric). NB: Do not submit your midyear grade 12 results.
- Official academic record(s) from previous university (ies) attended, including SMU (if applicable).
- Certificate of conduct from all universities attended (if applicable).
- Proof of application fee payment (copy of deposit slip). NB: No application forms will be considered without proof of payment.
How much is the SMU student application fee?
- The application fee is R200 only and is non-refundable.
Where and how do I deposit SMU student application fee?
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Number: 071 244 395
Account Name: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
Branch Number: 020 909
Use your ID number as a Reference
NB: No cash should accompany the application form.
Do SMU have online student application?
- No, unfortunately currently we do not have an online application (you can only download the application form).
When is the closing date(s) for SMU student applications 2016?
- Tuesday 30 June 2015 is the closing date to apply for the following courses: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB); Bachelor of Diagnostic Radiography (B Rad); Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS); Bachelor of Dental Therapy (BDT); Bachelor of Oral Hygiene (BoH); Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm); and Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy (BSc Physio).
- Monday 31 August 2015 is the closing date to apply for the following courses: Bachelor of Nursing Sciences and Art (B NSC / B Cur); Bachelor of Speech Language, Pathology and Audiology (B SLP & A); Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (B Occ Ther); Bachelor of Science in Dietetics (BSc Dietetics); Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Physics, Physiology, Psychology, Statistics.
Where do I post my SMU student application form?
- Post to: The Registrar
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
P.O. Box 60
- Or hand deliver to : Student Administration and Registration office
Clinical Pathology Building (Basement) at SMU
Office Hours : Monday – Friday: 7h30 – 16h00
Enquiries call: (012) 521 4979 / 4058 / 5886 / 4319 / 4137 / 4204
Can I e-mail/fax my SMU student application form?
- No, applications sent by either email or fax will not be considered.
How do I know if my SMU student application form has been received?
- You will receive an SMS notification notifying you that your application has been received.
How will I know about the status of my SMU student application?
- All information regarding the status of your application will be communicated to you via SMS.
When can I expect a response from SMU on whether my application has been approved or not?
- Pre-selections will be done between September and October 2015, using your grade 11 results (current matriculants) and letters with the outcome will be sent.
- The final selection process will take place during the second week of January 2016, SMS notification and telephone calls will be made to successful applicants.
What documents should I bring when I come to register at SMU in 2016, provided my student application is successful?
- Bring the following original documents: ID, NSC statements of results/ Matric Certificate (only those who completed matric), as well as an official academic transcript – (if applicable) on the day of registration during January/February 2016.NB: No copies will be accepted.
NB: Kindly note that all SMU prospective students must write the National Benchmark Test (NBT) for 2016 admission.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom