SMEC invites unemployed graduates to apply for Engineering Graduate / Internship Programme for 2020.
Internship Application Closing Date: 23 July 2020
Internship Location: Cape Town, South Africa
SMEC is a professional engineering services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services on major infrastructure projects. SMEC South Africa is looking to employ a Graduate Engineer for their Structures function based in their Cape Town offices.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and energized Graduate Engineer (Structural and Bridges) to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
Primary Position Purpose
This position is responsible for technical design of projects within the Section, and providing assistance to Engineers.
With a minimum of 0 -1 year of design experience in a consulting environment, your key responsibilities will include:
· Ability to make good decisions on own initiative.
· Leading a small team of technicians/draughtspersons on a project.
· Querying details and suggesting more acceptable solutions.
· Drafting technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
· Ability to present / represent your specific technical work (presentations/ meetings).
· Familiarity with work procedures.
· Completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
· Developing understanding of local functional business technologies and markets.
· Ability to check and inspect constructed works for compliance to design and specifications with minimal supervision.
· Awareness of time and cost implications on projects.
Recommended Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 0 – 3 years of design experience in a consulting environment
• Advantageous to have bridge and structural subjects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
Only applications with the following supporting documents will be considered:
• Cover letter motivating your application and interest in the position
• Matric certificate
• Full University academic transcript
• Identity document
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
Only candidates who meet the above minimum requirements will be considered. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognised for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za