South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) invites applicants for Graduate / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
Internship Application closing date is 30 June 2020
Internship Location: Johannesburg
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory, which includes the MeerKAT and the African SKA programmes, is now recruiting bright and enthusiastic Engineering and Science-Honours graduates for its internship programme
Must be a South African citizens or permanent residents.
Fields of study:
In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in:
- Engineering in Electronic and/or Computer Engineering
- Electrical Light Current Engineering,
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Radio Frequency Engineering
- Mechanical / Electromechanical / Mechatronics Engineering
Completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in:
- Computer Science,
- Applied Mathematics,
- with exceptional programming skills and an interest in software
development. Programming skills must be clearly demonstrated in the
- Short-listed candidates will be assessed through an online
assessment, in August 2020. This assessment forms part of the
selection/interview process. Dates for the assessment will be
communicated to short-listed candidates, and are nonnegotiable.
- Successful graduate interns will be based in Cape Town, for a period of 3 years, starting in approximately January 2021.
- Successful graduate interns may be required to complete a Masters degree (part-time) during their 3-year internship.
How to apply
To Apply – Submit the following documents as a SINGLE PDF document:
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of your South African ID document
- Certified copies of all your university transcripts to date
- A letter of motivation (max. 300 words) stating why you should be selected for an internship
Send Applications to: [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za