Saab invites South African students to apply for Agricultural bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 30 November 2021
Bursaries will be awarded for studies at Stellenbosch University, within the following fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Production & Management
- Food Production Systems
- Plant & Soil Science
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, an allowance for accommodation fees and any other expenses at the discression of the Company.
Tuition fees will be paid to Stellenbosch University directly and all expenses will be paid at the discression of Southern Farm (Pty) Ltd.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year and is renewable each year, based on satisfactory academic performance.
Bursary recipients will be required to partake in vacation work during December holidays (grape harvest season), at Southern Farms in the Northern Cape or any affiliated farm.
After graduation, students may be required to work for Southern Farms for an equal duration of the bursary award receive.
Successful candidates will be notified in December or January – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African Citizen
- You must residing in South Africa
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full time at Stellenbosch University
- You must be studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have completed your 1st or 2nd year of study
- You must be entering your 2nd or 3rd year of study in 2022
- You must agree to all the terms and conditions of the bursary (on the application form)
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals, including: unemployed youth between the ages of 19 and 25 years old, candidates in financial need, candidates with disabilities, and students of colour (Black/ Coloured/ Indian)
How to apply
Download and complete the Southern Farms Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Drivers licence, if applicable (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results/ transcripts (on university letterhead)
- Current account statement from Stellenbosch University (on university letterhead)
- Proof of accommodation cost per year (Hostel/ Flat/ Room)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Southern Farms Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom