Last updated on May 15th, 2020 at 07:46 am
StudyTrust invites applicants to apply for Investec Bursary Programme 2021.
Bursary Application Closing date is 31 August 2020
Bursary Provider: StudyTrust / Investec
Bursary Location: South Africa
Investec, offers full cost bursaries to students who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a Commercial LLB. These degrees represent fields of relevance to the financial services sector. Bursaries are awarded on the basis of merit and financial need and for studies at select South African universities.
The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential. Bursary applications are invited from young people who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university (academic) degree in:
- Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance),
- BCom Informatics,
- BSc Computer Science,
- BSc Information Technology,
- BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology,
- BIS-Bachelor of Information Science,
- Business Science,
- Science and Mathematics,
- Engineering or
- Commercial LLB
Applications will only be considered if completed in full and signed by the applicant and if all the supporting documents have been included. Documents that accompany the application form must be certified:
- South African ID
- This year’s June results (or your latest results if you are not studying this year)
- Official Matric/ NSC results if you have completed Grade 12
- Tertiary students: June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written)
- Payslips for your parent(s)/ guardian if employed (or letter from employer and sworn statement or tax return statement stating income)
- Latest financial statements if your parent/ guardian is self-employed
- Sworn affidavits if your parent(s)/ guardian is/ are unemployed
- Death certificates if your parent(s) is/ are deceased
- Divorce certificate if your parents are divorced
- Sworn statement from one parent if your parents are separated
Academic Selection Criteria
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 and applicants already in possession of a National Senior certificate should have obtained at least 50% in all their subjects with a minimum of 70% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and 70% in English.
- NB: Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice. Consult the websites of the universities for application deadlines.
- When completing the application form, please clearly specify the exact degree programme for which you need a bursary, the name of the educational institution where you plan to study and the year of study.
- Bursaries will only be offered to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 or in their first year of University.
- Changing your degree programme after submitting your application form may lead to a cancellation of the bursary, if granted.
- No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
How to apply
⇒ If you are currently in matric or in a gap year and have internet access, please apply here.
⇒ If you are already studying at a university, please apply here.
⇒ If you are currently in matric or a gap year and do not have access to the internet, please download an application form here.
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za