Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) invites applications from unemployed youth for the Sector Specific Traineeship / Learnership Programme 2023 / 2024 .
Learnership Application Closing Date: 21 November 2023
Learnership Location: Durban, South Africa
Position Title: Sector Specific Trainee
Employee Group: Trainee
Department: People Mgmt
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Grade Level: SSTFT
Reference Number: 203530
Closing Date: 21 November 2023
Job Purpose: The purpose of the Training Programme is to develop a pipeline for key roles within Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) through a structured 12-month training programme. The programme aims to place learners in specific areas within TPT according to their academic background, career aspirations, and business requirements.
About Transnet: Transnet SOC Ltd is a large South African rail, port, and pipeline company headquartered in the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg. It was formed as a limited company on April 1, 1990. A majority of the company’s stock is owned by the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) of the South African government.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow a structured training programme.
- Undergo performance reviews and assessments.
- Perform all duties as contained in the development programme and other reasonably required tasks by Transnet Port Terminals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric or NQF Level 4 Equivalent – Incumbent to be based at TPT Saldanha Terminal.
- Completed Certificate programme (logistics, operations management, or related) will be an advantage.
- Time management.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Effective writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Service orientated.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages.
- Ability to multi-task.
Special Requirement: Be able to work at heights. Please note that this position will be based in Saldanha Bay.
How to Apply:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.