UCT Online High School (UCTOHS) invites students to apply for Scholarship Programme 2024 academic year.
Scholarship Application Closing Date: 31 October 2023
The UCT Online High School (UCTOHS) Scholarship Program is open for students entering Grades 8 to 11 who plan to complete the high school CAPS curriculum online. The scholarship aims to provide education to learners who may not afford the full tuition and is made possible through collaborations with corporate sponsors, including Valenture Institute, Sanlam, iBhodi Trust, Human Rights Commission, and Imbeleko.
Scholarship Coverage Value:
- The Learning Liberated Scholarship offers partial support, covering 50% of the tuition fee for the duration of the scholarship awarded.
- Students will also receive full cover for the SACAI Grade 12 Examination fee.
- Note that it is a partial scholarship, so parents or guardians will be responsible for the other 50% of the tuition fee.
Eligibility Requirements for the UCTOHS Scholarship: Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria to apply:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Reside in South Africa at the time of the application and for the duration of high school studies.
- Have at least one parent or guardian who is a South African citizen.
- Be entering Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, or Grade 11.
- Have the correct age for entering the specified grades.
- Be able to start in January 2024.
- Intend to complete the CAPS curriculum leading to the National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Demonstrate financial need, with a family household income of not more than R350,000 per annum or R29,000 per month.
- Achieve a minimum average of 60% for English (Home Language).
- Achieve a minimum average of 60% for Mathematics.
- Intend to pursue tertiary studies and a career after completing high school.
- Have access to stable and reliable internet, a laptop or desktop, a printer, and UPS devices.
- Have access to a safe learning environment with necessary support from at least one adult champion/supervisor.
- Read and agree to the rules of the scholarship policy.
How to Apply for the UCTOHS Scholarship: The application process involves the following steps:
- Step 1: complete the preapplication form for the scholarship to assess whether the learner meets the criteria to apply. Students who are eligible to apply, will be contacted by UCT Online High School with further instructions to apply.
- Step 2: Complete a full NSC admissions application to apply to UCT Online High School. Applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of R50 and a placement fee of R525.
- Step 3: Submit clear copies of supporting documents, including ID documents, academic reports, reference letters, proof of address, proof of income, and more as specified in the application guidelines.
Timeline and Selection for the UCTOHS Scholarship:
- The application period is from 4 September 2023 to 31 October 2023. During this time, applicants must complete the pre-application, pay the non-refundable fee, and follow the application process.
- Between 1 November 2023 and 30 November 2023, candidates will be shortlisted and matched based on available funding and additional sponsor criteria.
- Between 1 December 2023 and 30 December 2023, successful scholars will be awarded the scholarship and accept it with the support of a corporate sponsor. They will also sign a Scholarship Memorandum of Agreement (SMOA) within the allocated timeframe and submit their 2023 Term 4 Final Academic Report.
Please ensure you follow the application process within the specified timeline and provide all required documentation to be considered for the scholarship.