Vodacom is inviting interested students to apply for full term bursary programme for 2019 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 June 2018
Bursary Provider: Vodacom
Bursary Location: South Africa
About the Vodacom bursary
The bursary was started because of their coming to address the ICT skills shortage in South Africa. To address this need, they provide more than fifty students with bursaries annually to study in fields in which there are skills shortages. Top-achieving students from disadvantaged communities are chosen to study in the ICT and engineering sectors.
It is a full bursary which means the following will be covered:
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation and meals
- Since the bursary was started in 1999, more than 1 000 bursaries have been awarded.
Areas of study
Applicants can apply for a Vodacom Bursary if they intend to gain a qualification in one of the following fields of study:
- Engineering and Operations:
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only)
- University of Technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study
- Information Technology:
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Engineering; or
- Information Systems
- Actuarial Sciences
- University Degrees in similar areas of study
Vodacom bursary requirements?
- Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum of 70% in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- may apply if already in his/her first year of studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet, all criteria above
How to apply
Applications for bursaries open yearly on 1 March, and must be submitted by 30 June.
Download the Vodacom Bursary application form click here.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za