The Department of Transport and Public Works will be recruiting Traffic Students for the completion of a Traffic Diploma in Western Cape. This is a twelve (12) month training course which will commence on 21 August 2018 at the Gene Louw College (GLTC), Brackenfell. Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend of R5000 during their placement.
Learnership Application Closing Date: 23 July 2018
Learnership Provider: Department of Transport and Public Works
Learnership Location: Vredendal, Vredenburg, Mosselbay, Knysna, Laingsburg and Oudtshoorn
- A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B;
- Applicant must be physically fit, pregnant persons will not be considered as physical tasks during recruitment and subsequent training may pose a threat to the unborn child and/or mother;
- Visible tattoos and body piercings (except females with one piercing in each ear) will disqualify an applicant as this will not compliment uniformity in a uniform wearing environment;
- No criminal record;
- Candidates must qualify for appointment as an Authorized Officer and for the appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
- Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
- Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: interview, knowledge test, fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
- Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards.
- One year or more driving experience will be an advantage;
- Candidates younger than 35 years of age will receive preference as these positions are targeted at the youth of the province.
Should vacant funded Provincial Inspector posts exist after obtaining the Traffic Diploma and be considered for filling, individuals may be offered permanent employment against such posts at one of the Provincial Traffic Centres. The various Traffic Centres are as follows: Vredendal, Vredenburg, Mosselbay, Knysna, Laingsburg and Oudtshoorn. You may select only one Centre of preference closest to your residential area in the application questions.
Provincial Traffic Law Enforcement provides a 24/7 traffic law enforcement service, therefore after appointment candidates will be expected to work shifts including Public holidays and Sundays and be willing to work additional hours, if required; Successful candidates must obtain their own accommodation while attending at GLTC, Brackenfell; Students will be subject to the code of conduct of the College as well as competency requirements of the College; Students will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the College.
Enforce road traffic, public passenger and transport legislations; Provide visible traffic control/policing and promote/ensure crime prevention activities; Perform all administrative activities and related duties.
Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Province; Good interpersonal and public relations skills; Ability to work under pressure; Assertive and confident personality; Ability to work in a team and independently
Note: The Department promotes and applies the principles of employment equity and persons with disabilities; However, persons with disabilities are excluded from the training opportunity due to the requirements that the applicant must be physically fit and able to do strenuous exercises as part of the core modules of the qualification; The conducting of tests of candidates for intoxicating substances may be imposed based on the nature of the work.
How to Apply
Only online applications will be considered. Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 086 1145 465. No emailed CV’s will be accepted as an application.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za