The South African Border Management Authority is looking to fill 65 positions for Immigration Specialists across various ports of entry.
Position: Immigration Specialist (65 posts)
Closing Date: November 17, 2023, at 16:30
Salary: R241,485 plus benefits
Port of Entry:
Port of Entry:
- OR Tambo International Airport X20Cape Town International Airport X10
- Cape Town Harbour X1
- Vioolsdrift X2
- Golela X1
- Ficksburg X1
- King Shaka International Airport X1
- Chief Dawid Stuurman International Airport X2
- Peka Bridge X1
- Onseepkans X1
- Skilpadshek X1
- Maseru Bridge X1
- MC Carthys Rest X1
- Twee Rivieren X2
- Rietfontein X2
- Gemsbok X2
- Bray X2
- Groblersbridge X1
- Qachasnek X2
- Port Elizabeth Harbour X2
- Port of Nqura X2
- Port of Richards Bay X2
- Mosselbay X2
- Tellebridge X3
About the Border Management Authority (BMA): The BMA is a Schedule 3A Public Entity established on April 1, 2023. Its responsibilities include frontline border law enforcement functions related to various areas such as port health, immigration control, access control, biosecurity, food safety, land border infrastructure development, border information, and risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for this position will have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Controlling the admission and departure of persons to and from the Republic through the Port of Entry.
- Clearing travelers and signing in crew members upon arrival and departure.
- Processing asylum seekers in accordance with the Refugees Act.
- Clearing conveyors upon arrival and before departure.
- Processing inadmissible, undesirable, and prohibited persons effectively.
- Handling the processing of stowaways.
To be eligible for this position, candidates should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate as recognized by SAQA with a minimum of 1 year of work experience in customer care service, law enforcement, or security experience.
- A relevant 3-year tertiary qualification recognized by SAQA will be an advantage.
- Completion of the Cadet or Internship Programme with the Department of Home Affairs is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of various acts and regulations, including the South African constitution, Public Management Act, Public Finance Management Act, Immigration Act, Refugees Act, and Criminal Prosecution Act.
- Knowledge of international and regional agreements and instruments.
- Computer literacy.
- Customer orientation and service delivery improvement orientation within the context of legal frameworks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Business partnering and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Interrogation skills.
- Team player.
- Willingness to work shifts, and candidates should be prepared to relocate to other Ports of Entry if operational requirements necessitate.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, interested candidates should submit comprehensive CVs along with the application form, which can be downloaded from the provided link. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Technician Enquiries: Ms. Johannah Kabini – Email: JOHANNAH.KABINI@bma.gov.za
- For HR Related Enquiries: Ms. Nthati Shakung – Email: Manthati.Shakung@bma.gov.za
The closing date for applications is November 17, 2023, at 16:30. Make sure to follow the application instructions and provide all the necessary documentation.