CSIR Internship 2016 – Project Management
The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
About the job:
CSIR has a vacancy for Internship: Project Management.
The incumbent will be required to provide project administrative support services to the ICT Project Management Office (PMO), document and maintain processes and assist in the creation and maintenance of customised templates for use by Project Managers and project staff. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Implement, manage and maintain project filing systems (electronic and hard copy).
- Ensure all project documents and records are correctly filed (electronic and hard copy).
- Collect project status information and update project registers.
- Assist with compiling standard PMO reports.
- Support contract administration as related to projects.
- Provide support for procurement within projects.
- Provide administrative support for project and PMO meetings.
- Create, distribute and maintain PMO and project meeting records.
- Document and maintain PMO processes.
- Create new, and maintain existing PMO-customised templates.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A national diploma or bachelor’s degree in office/business administration.
- Certificate in IT/ICT project administration/management would be advantageous.
- Experience in business process documentation and template design would be advantageous.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy and competency in Microsoft Office including MS Visio and MS Project.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to [email protected]
with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g.
John Smith: Internship : Project Management : Reference No: 306154)
Closing date: 16 January 2016
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
The CSIR is a responsible employer; we have put measures in place to ensure that equity is implemented such that it
best serves the interests of the organisation and South Africa as a whole. This speaks to the CSIR’s commitment to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also
verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)