CSIR Internship 2016: Science – Policy Interface
The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
About the job:
The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for a twelve months period.
The incumbent will assist in the duties of the Intergovernmental Science – Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Africa Assessment.
This position is based in Pretoria.
For more information about the work of the IPBES please visit http://www.ipbes.net
Under supervision, the trainee will assist with the following:
- Createand manage resource databases;
- Coordinate activities related to the delivery of the Africa Assessment report;
- Fulfil the reporting requirements;
- Coordinate meetings and capacity building activities; and
- Perform general administrative tasks as required for smooth running of the unit.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A three year bachelor’s degree in biological or ecological sciences with some experience working
in the ecological or science – policy fields. An honours degree would be an advantage.
- Good organisational skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Must have an interest in and awareness of the environment and pressures thereon.
- Must have adesire to further their career through post – graduate studies in the Biological or Ecological Sciences.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to [email protected]
with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Internship: Science – Policy Interface Reference No: 306298)
Closing Date: 07 January 2016
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za